- Blog: Theresa May’s magic money tree June 26, 2017
- Raise your voices for public services on Saturday June 26, 2017
- Jeremy Corbyn: “My thanks to everybody from UNISON for all that you did” June 26, 2017
- Blog: Jeremy’s agenda is our agenda June 23, 2017
- Battle continues against ‘restrictive and draconian’ Trade Union Act June 23, 2017
With rising fuel costs and another cold winter many members are worried about how they’re going to pay this year’s winter fuel bills.
Help is on hand
“There for You” has set up a limited fund to help UNISON members on low income by way of a one-off payment of up to £40.
To apply and download the application form visit unison.org/thereforyou or simply contact your UNISON branch office. Everyone that applies will receive a booklet giving information about other help that may be available and how to reduce your fuel costs in the future.
Joint result of UNISON and GMB Travel Ballots
UNISON has advised the Council that our members have rejected the travel proposal and we have offered to meet the Council to discuss alternative ways of achieving the required 10% saving on the travel budget as we believe the saving needed could be achieved without cutting the rate of pay per mile.
Of those who voted:
- 63% Rejected the Council’s proposal
- 37% Accepted the Council’s proposal
SCHOOL UNIFORM GRANT 2013 IS LAUNCHED
There for You is again running a small grants programme in respect of help with school uniforms. The application period runs from Monday 13 May to Friday 5 July.
Click on the links below to see the documents:
Welfare School Uniform Flyer 2013
School Uniform Grant Application 2013
Welcome to the CEREDIGION branch of UNISON, delivering a first class service to over 1,300 members working in the public service. On these pages you will find all sorts of information about news and activities at branch level, and also links to all that is happening at regional and national level. Being a UNISON member gives you a huge range of benefits, including:
- Unrivalled protection and representation at work
- Help with pay and conditions of service
- Health and safety guidance and support
- Confidential welfare services for you and your dependents in difficult times
- Excellent legal services including free help with work problems and legal support for members and their families
- Pensions advice
- A special hotline, UNISON direct, for help and advice on workplace issues
- Online employment and workplace advice
- Education and training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications
- Cash benefits for accidents and injuries at work
With more than 1.3 million members working across the public services, being a member of UNISON means you have Britain's biggest trade union behind you.
Recruit a new member and get £10 - click here for more details
Please click here to update your personal details if there has been any change since joining. This can be anything from a change of address through to change of employment. Your co-operation in this matter would be very much appreciated, and will help the branch by giving a more accurate profile of where our membership lies.
If you have any queries or suggestions concerning this site, please feel free to contact Ceredigion Unison web support