Want to get involved?
Branch roles As a UNISON member you’re always part of your local UNISON branch. It’s your main source of advice and support and the most important link between the union and members like yourself. Workplace contacts This is an ideal role for someone who is interested in becoming a branch rep or safety rep and wants to find out more about what’s involved. Branch Reps A UNISON rep is an elected rep who helps organise, recruit and represent members in their workplace. Health and Safety reps A UNISON health and safety rep helps to make sure that people’s jobs and their workplaces do not cause injury or ill-health.
Want to meet new people, learn new skills and go places?
Be active in UNISON and you’ll get a lot more out of your union. Getting involved means:
- Helping make a difference
- Getting together with work friends and colleagues and meeting new people
- Doing things you usually couldn’t or wouldn’t do alone
- New opportunities for education, training and personal development
- Helping yourself and improving your life at work, home and the wider world
- Having fun and doing something you enjoy
- Having an equal say
Different groups of members meet together under the UNISON umbrella. These groups:
- Ensure the union reflects particular experiences
- Enable members with common interests to come together on an equal basis to work on key issues affecting them. Enter supporting content here
With 1,200 members in the Ceredigion branch and 1.3 million members throughout the UK, being part of UNISON means you have the full weight of Britain’s biggest trade union behind you.We have more workplace reps than any other union in the country – backed up by experienced full-time regional and national officers. UNISON offers a raft of unrivalled benefits including legal protection, welfare services, pensions advice, education and training, health and safety guidance, special deals on insurance and a hotline for help and advice on workplace issues.If you are:
- feeling underpaid and undervalued
- being treated unfairly at work
- juggling too much work with home and other commitments
- needing health and safety guidance or legal help
- hoping to progress through education and training
- looking for special offer on a computer or insurance
Then join UNISON now. We can help you get a better deal. A Ceredigion Branch UNISON application form can be downloaded here Or contact a membership secretary firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Alternatively you can contact Unison Direct on: 0845 355 0845 Unison – Your Friend at Work – Join Unison Today – Click here
How can you participate?
- Local, national or international campaigns – click on Campaign to find out more
- The work of the UNISON job group connected with your – click on At Work to find out more enter first column content here
- UNISON Welfare
- Legal advice
- Special deals for members
- Exclusive Members Offers and Entitlements
- Unison Travel Club
- UIA InsuranceUnison – Frizzel offers for limited time
- Offers from GM Vauxhall partners
- Vauxhall Partners lifetime Warranty on new cars.
- Click here for all the benefits of LV – Unison’s only approved car insurance supplier.
- Up to extra 15% discount for UK breaks with Butlins, Haven and W.L.Hotels – Aug to Dec 10.
- Up to 32% Discounted entry to Bristol Zoo
- How to apply
- Welfare publications
- Download documents
- Test site