Welcome to the Ceredigion Branch’s Health and Safety Page.
Your Health and safety reps are:
|Name||Phone Number||Email Address|
|Andy Bligh||07977 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dominic Mahoney||07929 email@example.com|
Workplace Health and Safety Reps
To be effective in our fight for safe working conditions we need people in every work place to act as advisors and watchdogs on health and safety issues.
Could you do this?
You’d get full training and support from UNISON as well as paid time-off from your employer to carry out your union role. Contact one of the above Health and Safety reps to find out more about becoming a Health & Safety rep.
Below is a collection of links to some Information Sheets likely to be of interest to branch members, most of them are on the national UNISON web site and all will open in a new window:
- Asbestos – still a risk!.
- Eye Tests and VDUs – few have exercised their legal right to an eye test paid for by their employers.
- Lifting of home care clients – guidance on the issue of lifting in care homes and what employers must do to ensure the health and safety of their staff.
- Mobile Phones – issues of relevance to members.
- Photocopiers (and laser printers) – covers potential hazards from photocopiers, laser printers and other elctronic duplicating devices and what the law says about it.
- Pregnant women and risk assessment – TUC briefing (18 Apr 05)
- Protective Gloves – some of the issues that should be consider ed where gloves are concerned and the use of different types.
- Repetitive Strain Injury – covers a wide range of injuries to muscles, tendons and nerves.
- Stress at Work – UNISONs Guide for Safety Reps – (pdf file – 181KB – opens in a new window).
- Safety representatives and safety committees (TUC guidance) – (pdf file – 147KB – opens in a new window).
- See also: Stress at Work – What can I do about it? -(pdf file – 52KB – opens in a new window).
- the Health & Safety Executive on Work-related Stress.
- Temperature at Work -(word document – A guidline to safe temparature at work)
- Water Coolers and Drinks Machines – explains the health risks of Water Coolers and Drinks Machines and what employers must do to ensure the Health and Safety of members.
- Smoke Free Workplace – Consultation for smoke free premises and vehicles.
- Lone Working – (pdf file – opens in a new window) A health and safety guide on lone working for safety representatives.